Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Could Romney Have Embraced Carbon Tax?

Could Romney Have Embraced Carbon Tax?

William Tucker, Nuclear TH
Three weeks before the election I submitted a story to my journalistic home, The American Spectator, arguing that Mitt Romney should support a carbon tax. I argued that it would solidify his support with the professional elites in Virginia, North Carolina and Ohio that were concerned about the economy but put off by the social conservatism of the Republican Party. My editor, whom I dearly love and have worked with for twenty-five years, turned it down. It was the first time this has ever happened. "It would mean Romney was committing political suicide," he argued, and...http://www.nucleartownhall.com/blog/william-tucker-where-romney-could-have-won-on-energy/

No comments:

Post a Comment