Iran Nuke Program 3: ABCs from Khamenei
|By Former Secretary of Energy and U.S. Senator Spencer Abraham (R-MI)|
|and former U.S. Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR)|
|Top Power Headlines|
Calculations by the California Energy Commission show the massive Ivanpah solar power plant isn't producing as much energy as planned …more>>
Former Massey Energy CEO is accused of conspiring to violate safety and health standards at Upper Big Branch Mine, site of the worst U.S. coal mining disaster in 40 years …more>>
|PennEnergy Blogs and Op-Eds|
We were one vote away from sending the latest round of Keystone XL legislation to the President’s desk. One vote away... …more>>
Even though majority of the country will be taking time off, companies who operate 24 hours a day and seven days a week will need to make sure employees and contractors can still travel to the facility …more>>
|Top Oil & Gas News|
Republicans, fresh from sweeping midterm election victories, vowed resurrect the controversial issue next year, when they will control both chambers of the new Congress that takes office in January. That would potentially spark a veto confrontation with President Barack Obama, who opposes the bill. …more>>
When I wake in the morning to headlines that say no progress is made, I am not surprised. Progress itself seems antithetical at this point. Only headlines and pay stubs seem to matter. …more>>
This week alone, more than 50 percent of the country was blanketed in snow while each of the 50 states in the Union experienced freezing temperatures – some record-breaking. It’s technically still fall, yet we are seeing temperatures drop to deep winter season levels already. …more>>
| Bechtel, Siemens, Panda Power Funds dedicate
Sherman Power Project in Texas|
Panda Power Funds, Siemens (NYSE: SI) and Bechtel dedicated the 758-MW Panda Sherman Power Project in Sherman, Texas, two weeks ahead of schedule.
| EPA asks DC
Circuit to reject challenge to boiler rule|
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has urged the D.C. Circuit to reject a challenge to a rule that establishes toxic emission standards for large boilers.
| ACCIONA Windpower to supply capacity for
IKEA’s largest renewable energy project|
ACCIONA Windpower has entered into a contract with Apex Clean Energy, to supply 55 AW125/3000 turbines to the 165-MW Cameron Wind farm, owned by the IKEA Group. The agreement includes a 20-year full service warranty.
| Northwestern Energy finalizes acquisition of PPL
Montana’s hydroelectric facilities|
NorthWestern Energy (NYSE: NWE) has closed on a $900 million purchase of 11 hydroelectric facilities representing 633-MW of capacity and one storage reservoir from PPL Montana (NYSE: PPL).
• Power Engineering Photo of the Day
• Southern Company announces new executive management
• Huge US solar plant lags in early production
• Solar energy co. SunEdison buying wind power co.
• Canadian Solar supplies PV modules for Georgia solar power projects
• Google buys up Dutch wind energy for data center
• NRC chair: Work needed to finish Fukushima changes
• EPA asks 4th Circuit not to transfer Cooling Water Intake Rule review
• NRG Energy opens offices in California, focuses on residential solar
• GE installs 25,000th wind turbine
• Shining a Light on Women Leaders in the Power Industry
• Siemens to supply H-Class gas turbines to Japan power plant
• NSA director: China can damage US power grid