Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Monday, August 15, 2011

"The Emperor's New Clothes" Problem of the Renewables

"The Emperor's New Clothes" Problem of the Renewables

My last post pointed to what might be called "the Emperor's New Clothes" problem of renewables. When I started looking at energy options in 2007 I was considerably more optimistic about the potential of renewable energy to make an important contribution to carbon mitigation than I am now. In 2007 I began to ask some obvious and straightforward questions about renewables in a post carbon grid. My questions focused on the intermittent of major post-carbon renewables including Solar Photovoltaics, Solar thermal, and onshore and offshore wind generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment