Michele Kearney's Nuclear Wire

Major Energy and Environmental News and Commentary affecting the Nuclear Industry.

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Trump, the Second Time Around? - TomDispatch.com

Trump, the Second Time Around? - TomDispatch.com Trump, the Second Time Around? Replacing the "Deep State" from Depths All His Own By Andrea Mazzarino Recently, on a commuter train, I ran into an acquaintance who works for a government agency here in Washington, D.C. Soon after we started chatting, he indicated a desire to switch jobs in case Donald Trump was reelected president in 2024. “I’d like to be somewhere that Trump wouldn’t be able to politicize,” my buddy said. I listened as he mused about which government institutions would remain well-funded despite Trump’s desire to destroy "the deep state.” “Maybe I’ll work for the Department of Defense,” my companion finally suggested all too logically. Click here to read more of this dispatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment